Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Swimming to My Ship


Jonathan Winters, an American comedian and actor, once said, “If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to it”. I think this quote is a beautiful metaphor that reminds us to go after what we want in life, rather than wait for it to come to us.

I went to see the film The Titanic when it came out a while back. The Titanic saga has captivated me ever since I was a small child. I feel a personal connection because hundreds of passengers on board were immigrants fleeing their homeland and traveling to America, considered the new world, to pursue their dream of starting a new life.

After watching the movie I was captivated even more and seized the opportunity to get as close to the real Titanic any person can.

I think my experience and drive to see this mystical ship really embodies the quote that Jonathan Winters said many years ago. Because my ship couldn’t’ come to me I went after it.

Live with passion and dare to dream. Make your life an epic extraordinary adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment